I love mini, and pecan pies, and lots of pie to crust ratio. I saw this recipe last year on Erin's site, Making Memories With Your Kids. She's one of my favorite people on the net, and I love trying out her recipes. This one is my favorite to date. I wasn't sure how toffee=pecan pie, but it works! Oh my goodness. Her pies are much prettier and less uh...'golden' than mine.
So I wouldn't feel deficient, I didn't let too many people see my imperfect pies, life is so rough, but I'm blogging it anyway b/c it's a great recipe, AND I'm sure I'll be standing in a store and decide to grab some of these ingredients someday...soon.
I love these, and I'd say I'm going to make them for Thanksgiving, but I don't want to say that b/c my family my read this...and expect to, like, see them at the Thanksgiving table or something, and I assure you were I to make these, I wouldn't share them. Did I mention I'm a pecan pie fan?
1/2 c. butter, 3 oz cream cheese, 1 c. flour, 1 egg, 3/4 c. brown sugar, 1 T. butter, 1 t. vanilla, dash of salt, 1/2 c. Heath bits, 1/2 c. chocolate chips.
1. Beat first 3 ingredients and chill for one hour.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt.
3. Roll dough into 24 balls.
4. Place in ungreased mini muffin pans.
5. Press dough up the sides.
6. Place 1 t. Heath bits in each muffin cup with 3 chocolate chips.