Reindeer Food Post Cards

Saturday, November 05, 2011
 I know, I know....SOME people don't appreciate a good Christmas post before after Thanksgiving, but I've been not so secretly listening to Christmas music for a week, and as I look forward to Thanksgiving, I'm also preparing for Christmas so I can enjoy every minute of that holiday as well.  I've seen 'reindeer food' around for a long time now, but I decided to create little postcards with reindeer food to send out to all my friends under four feet.  I took the traditional poem from online, added some clipart, and printed it onto scrapbook paper (thicker than traditional computer paper). 
 I filled baggies with oatmeal, and glitter.  The glitter should pick up a little sparkle....so the reindeer can see it, of course, and much like....uhhhh birds in winter, reindeer too like oats and will enjoy this tasty snack Christmas eve.
 I folded the bag down to fit onto the cards, and sewed it down.  You could tape it too. 
 The addresses will go on the opposite side, and then these are going into the mail....just one more reason the postal service loves me.  It is amazing what you can ship....

5 comments

Holly said...

Love this idea. Especially to mail it! I'm right there with you. I've already been listening to Christmas music and am thinking about putting up my tree! :)

Erin said...

Oh my heck! I'm totally doing this! How fun! Thanks!

Jessica said...

Can I just say that I absolutely love ALL of your posts!! My baby shower is going to be amazing because of you!!! So I just wanted to say, THANK YOU!!!
-Jessica

http://hopefullittleone.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Great idea! I want to mail these to my nieces and nephews. :)

Bettie said...

Love these! I've not seen the post card version! Can't wait to make these!