Tie Dye Projects

Thursday, January 05, 2012
 I have a whole tie dye palooza to post about tomorrow, but this is a quick project I put together with some reject dyed fabric.  I put some scraps of fabric at the bottom of a bucket I was using to drain tie dying shirts on, and I let it drip all over the strips, and this is what I got....
 I tied a knot. 
 Started twisting the fabric....
 It eventually began to coil around into a flower shape. 
 I used hot glue to hold the fabric together, and then I added the tie dyed flowers to one of these head bands I got at the dollar store.....it came in a pack of 8.  Cute head band down. 
I also went back to the no-dye tie dye projects I did a few months ago with the pumpking shirt and a bleach pen.
Bleach some hearts, in ten minutes I rinsed it out (the longer it sits, the whiter it gets, BUT it also starts to spread a little.  I'm sending this shirt and a marker to some of my little kiddos to write or draw things they love in the hearts. 

2 comments

Courtney Cakes said...

Love the bleach heart shirt... You have me thinking about all the fun things I can do with some bleach :)

Jennifer said...

Such pretty & cute ideas! LOVE them!