Soda-Delighted You're Mine Sundae Bath Fun

Wednesday, February 08, 2012
 I've been totally in love with vintage valentine's....I won't go into this story again....because I already 'went there' yesterday when I shared the taffy/M&M sundae here.  Today I'm taking the candy sundae, and the above bath salt sundae to share on Good Morning, Texas.  The option to eat or relax....it's a win win.  To start with, I googled 'soda shop' and vintage Valentine's Day cards and the computer shot out all sorts of cute printables like the one below. 
 I have seen some various bath sundaes on sale at Etsy, and I decided to try my hand. 
I purchased a sundae cup for $2 at the super store, and I used some of these clear cellophane bags....I'm pretty sure I need to buy stock in these bags....I use them All.  The.  Time. 
 I went ahead and inserted it inside the cup so I didn't have to squish it in after I filled the bag.  It took about a cup of the bath salt (recipe to follow) to fill this cup. 
 I mixed 2/3 c. espom salt, 1/4 c. baking soda, one drop of red coloring, and 1/4 t. of cherry scented oils. 
 I tied off the bag. 
 I inserted a little straw I made for decorations, and a pink spoon that can be used to scoop out the bath salt later. 
 A loofah rest on top for whipped frosting, and I found some heart shaped soaps for the cherry (also from the super store, the little gel balls they sell would work as well). 

2 comments

Msheepers said...

You are too craft for words! :D

Gotyourholidayon said...

Thanks for the idea. Now I have a gift for my hubby. :-)