Bird's Nest Cookies

Wednesday, March 21, 2012
 I made these cookies for some friends for Easter.  There is a gal that makes these every Christmas, and I decided these would be perfect for Easter.  I bought some Robin's Egg candies for the middle, and later saw I'm apparently not the only one with this idea, but....it's still fun. 
These are super easy to make, and really tasty. 
Bird's Nest Cookie Recipe
Ingredients:  1 cup peanuts, 2 c. butterscotch morsels, and 2 c. chow mein noodles, chocolate eggs. 
Instructions:  Melt morsels (it took about 1 min and 20 seconds for mine to melt).  Stir in the peanuts and noodles.  Drop onto wax paper, add eggs, and let it dry before bagging.  I was able to make 12 large cookies out of these ingredients.  You could certainly make them smaller, but it always sounds better when you can say, "I only ate one cookie."....you gotta think ahead about these things. 
I bagged some of these cookies up individually. 
 I also used some berry baskets and made little 'family' packs of some of the offerings. 

2 comments

tt.scraps said...

YUMMY!!!! :)

ketiebrown said...

Bird's nest cookies look very different and beautiful. I like this yummy and sweet cookies so much. Its great idea for decorating thing in any party.

excel training sydney