Chicken and Stuffing Casserole

Thursday, March 01, 2012

This is one of my favorite family recipes.  It's one of two I request when I get to request meal, which happens about once a year, in correlation with my birthday.  I still struggle with vegetables, other than salad, when presented by themself, so I also like that you can get in a pretty hearty portion of brocolli when you scoop this on your plate.  I grew up eating a lot of casseroles, it just saved my mom time, and it was the only way I might accidentally eat a vegetable!  I haven't changed much....
Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
Ingredients
2 c. cubed cooked chicken, 1 pkg (6 oz) stuffing mix (like stove top chicken flavor), 1 can (2.8 oz) French Fried Onions, 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen brocolli (thawed and drained), 1 pkg cheese sauce mix or can of cheese soup, 1 1/4 c. milk, 1/2 c. sour cream.
Instructions
Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions.  Stir in 1/2 can onions.  Spread onto the bottom of a greased casserole dish.  Arrange Brocolli pieces around edge of the dish.  Mix cheese sauce, milk, sour cream and chicken.  Pour over brocolli.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Sprinkle the remaining onions sprinkled on top for the last 5 minutes of baking. 

3 comments

Tara said...

I am going to make this one tonight!!! I will have to leave the french fried onions out though since I am not a fan of those. I will add a little onion powder. (the only onion I will eat) :)

www.callingallfashion.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Christy, this sounds fantastic! Pinning it so I can make it this weekend. Thanks!

Erin said...

I'm back =o) I'm having a homemade card swap over on my blog. Did I already tell you that??? I would love it if you would join. =o)

http://makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com/2012/02/homemade-card-exchange-wanna.html