Smashed Potatoes

Tuesday, April 03, 2012
 I recently discovered the cookbook America's Test Kitchen via my pals Regan and Liz.  Oh my, I've got a lot of cooking ahead of me!  This is one of the recipes that was super simple, and I'm sooooo in lover with it. 
Basically, you boil red/new potatoes for about 40 minutes.  Pull them out and literally just smash them a little on a cookie sheet. 
 They said to drizzle the equivalent of 3 T on 6 potatoes, I just drizzled olive oil over each, sprinkled them with rosemary and pepper, and baked at 400 for 20 minutes.  The longer they cook, and the more you get into the 'smash'....the better crispier these get.
These were so good, I'm pretty sure I proposed to myself, but I was too busy shoveling these into my mouth to answer. 

1 comment

Lori said...

I made these and thew were delicious. No rosemary, just black pepper.