Unicorn Pooh Cookies

Saturday, April 21, 2012
 I recently saw these cookies on Erin's Blog....uhh....if these didn't have my name all over them, I don't know what cookie does?!?!?  Erin and I both seem to have a similar since of humor, so it made me happy to find another idea to try out.  I made these for some teachers at my school who were administering the state test recently.  I mean, really, is there an age that unicorn pooh isn't the perfect gift for stressed out friends.  The cookies are pretty large b/c of the twisting, so it only makes 9-10 per batch.
Unicorn Pooh Recipe
 1/2 c. butter (softened), 1/4 c. shortening, 1 c. sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 1/2 c. flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, food coloring, sparkle gel, star sprinkles, colored dragees
Instructions:  In a bowl, cream butter, shortening, and  sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder, and salt. 
Bake at 400 for 8 minutes. 

Divide up and color the dough.  I used the neon coloring kit, plus yellow (same as Erin). 
 You chill it for at least an hour, it's a soft dough, but forgiving.  I rolled out thin 'worms' of dough.'  I just took about a golf ball size piece of each color.
 Twist, and mound up. 
 While the cookies are baking, having the sprinkles ready b/c you will want to press them into the cookies as soon as they come out while they are soft enough to break through the top crust. 
 Here they are baked up. 
 Press in sprinkles. 
 Ice using the gel (you could make a powdered sugar/water glaze as well and add course sugar to make these a little sweeter). 
 As Erin mentioned, the icing doesn't harden, but I was still able to bag them up for delivery
...and yet, nobody I know that received these seemed surprised to find these in their boxes.  What does this say about me I wonder......but I won't wonder that long. 

4 comments

Hartyboys said...

I love these. The first time I saw them was over at instructables www.instructables.com/id/Unicorn-Poop
I love how at the end of the instructions she has a picture with names on all the different poops. But the funny thing was that it didn't even impress my boys who love all things poop;) maybe it was the pretty colours

Christy said...

Thanks for the link with more pooh, why am I excited to see a lot more edible pooh in my future?

Jenn said...

Just wanted to let you know that I love your blog. I Pinned one of your older entries on Pinterest, the pink lemonade scrub one, and have already gotten 172 re-pins. Your blog is great!

Erin said...

AWESOME! They turned out so cool. SO glad you made them (and thanks for linking to me.) I think we should work in the same school. They wouldn't know what hit them! (No one was surprised by me making them either...... huh....)