Zuchinni Chips

Tuesday, May 22, 2012
 In a quest to utilize my new best friend, the Zuchinni, I went on a google search for recipes.  I also have been incredibly hungry, and these have, like, negative calories, which is a good thing.  I found this recipe at Vittles and Bits.  It's easy, and it really was tasty. 
Zucchini Chips
Ingredients:  1 zucchini, spray butter, seasoned salt. 
Instructions:  Heat over to 225 degrees.  Line a cooking sheet with foil, spray with a coating of spray (I actually used a pizza stone and didn't spray it down).  Cut zucchini in thin slices, about the thickness of a quarter. Lay out on sheet in one layer.  Spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with seasoning salt.  It's true, a little goes a long way.  I like a lot of salt, and I was a little over zealous thinking I would want more.   Bake for 45 minutes.  Turn the tray and bake for another 30-45 minutes.  These are best eaten right away, they don't store long.  One zuchinni only make enough for one person, maybe half a cup.  They shrink up to about half their size.  This is going to be one of my new favorite go to snacks for the summer. 

1 comment

Jessica said...

Yum! I'm always trying to think of ways to eat zucchini, I'm excited now!

http://hopefullittleone.blogspot.com/?m=1