Cake Batter Cookies

Thursday, July 05, 2012
I recently needed a super easy dessert recipe for a meal I was shipping over to a friend who had recently had a baby.  I hear you burn lots of calories when you are nursing, and I, for one, think that sounds like as sound of a reason to eat an extra plate of cookie as any.  I'm not nursing, having kids, or planning on having kids anytime tooooo soon, but...I think it's best if you keep excuses like this in your pocket should the day ever arise.  In the meantime, I'll just eat my cookies in private so I don't have to come up with any excuses.  And these, these I'll eat again.  I wanted a simple recipe b/c I wasn't into the whole measuring and pouring, and, like, too much work thing, but I wanted it to be different, and so....a hunted down a recipe via all recipes, and this seemed like a semi-homemade, yummy choice.  Really, can you go wrong with a recipe that starts with a cake batter recipe? :Pause: The room was surveyed, and both my dogs and I agree the sound answer to that question is...no. 
 Ready for the recipe?
Cake Batter Cookie Recipe
 1 18.25 oz box of cake mix (I used chocolate b/c it's what I had on hand, but any flavor would work), 1 t. baking powder, 2 eggs, 1/2 c. vegetable oil, 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips (again, if you used a strawberry cake mix, it would be fun to throw in some white chocolate chips or nuts instead....oh the possibilities). 
Mix everything but the chips.  Once it's mixed well, add the chips.  Drop these guys by spoonfuls on a cooking sheet.  bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.  They don't expand too much.  I have another cake batter recipe that is DEL-icious I've shared in the past, and they get a little 'fluffier.'  You add icing to those cookies.  I like both equally,but for different reasons.....just like my Mom told my brother and I when we were little.....which was a total lie....but that's best left to a therapist and an hour of his/her time.  In the meantime....I think I'll have a cookie.

No comments