White Chicken Enchiladas

Tuesday, July 03, 2012
I found this recipe via pinterest.  It's been floating around throughout the net, but I used Joyful's recipe, and I'm keeping it in my stock pile now.  This is easy, and delicious.  I only changed a few things, really, one-the kind of cheese I used. 
White Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Ingredients: 10 small, soft, flour tortillas taco shells, 2 c. cooked and shredded chicken, 2 c. shredded Pepper Jack cheese (the original recipe called for Monterrey Jack), 3 T. butter, 3 T. flour, 2 c. chicken broth, 1 c. sour cream,  4 oz can diced green chillies
Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9x13 pan.
2. Mix chicken 1 c. cheese, roll up in tortillas and put in pan.
3. In a pan, melt butter and stir in flour and cook for a min,  add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over med. heat until thick.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Don't boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with the rest of the cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then broil for 3 min on high to brown cheese.

No comments