Halloween: Glowsticks in the Mail

Thursday, October 04, 2012
One of my favorite past times is tormenting the postal service finding fun things in unusual shapes to ship through the mail.  I like to celebrate as many holidays with the little nuggets that fill my life with smiles, but live far too far away for my peace of mind, but shipping can get a little costly, so creative is the name of the game.  Last year, as my 345,667 trick or treater came to the door, I was running low on candy, but I had glowsticks floating around my house from festivity and I started passing those out.....and they were a hit.  It doesn't hurt that you can also grab a pack of fifteen at Michael's, or any dollar store.  They come in all shapes and sizes, but this year....Blythe and Jonathan get to play with glow bracelets.  Knowing Blythe, she'll probably decorate a cop car, or start building a rose bowl parade float out of these, but....should be a fun little 'hello, I'm thinking of you today and every day in between now and the next strange package you receive in the mail.'  The great thing about THESE packages is that they are already sealed.  To jazz them up, I wrapped construction paper with a pumpkin face and added a fun mailing label for shipping.  I taped it out to double, triple secure it, and then wrapped the postage around the top.  It just fit, and was super cheap to mail.  Guess I better start working on my Thanksgiving mailing.....and I know just the thing.  :O) 

2 comments

Stephanie said...

Fun! It's a great time of year to stock up on glow sticks too:)

Angela said...

I mailed the jumbo Easter Eggs this year and my mailman was totally throwed off! But they made it and were a great surprise for my nephews.
The glow sticks in the mail would work for birthday fun too! Thanks for the idea!