Halloween Ribbon Wreath

Saturday, October 06, 2012
So...in my life long quest to create a wreath for every occasion in my life....it was time for a new Halloween wreath.  I saw the idea for this wreath on sassysanctuary and I fell in love.  I went to the fabric store....in May and bought all the Halloween-ish fabrics they had available.  I bought 1/4 yard (each) of 8 different fabrics, and this wired wreath. 
 I cut the fabric into 1 inch by 6 inch strips.  It was more than enough for the four wired rows.
 And then, I just started tying the ribbon to the frame.
 Row one down.....
 Row two....it takes time, but it certainly doesn't require a lot of talent, so....I'm in!
I found the wooden letters to spell out 'Eek'....so much cutter than boo.  I painted them lime green. 
After it tried, I sprayed it with spray adhesive and then sprinkled it all over with lime green glitter.  Incidentally, I also sprinkled my hand, my deck, and my hairline and clothes continued to sparkle for three days after this project despite two runs, two swims, three showers, and three sleeps.  I can't even tell you I mind, but I did leave a sheen of green glitter on the elliptical machine at work...no lie, but...the letters were worth it.  I glued them to the wreath.  I'm a fan.


3 comments

Sherri said...

Do you have any suggestions for the frame threads at the end?

Christy said...

You can cut them with pinking shears and that should stop fraying!

Unknown said...

I am so doing this idea!! Great colors! Love the EEK, too! Wish me luck! I love doing artsy-craftsy ideas! Thank you!! Pam