Saturday, October 06, 2012

Halloween Ribbon Wreath my life long quest to create a wreath for every occasion in my was time for a new Halloween wreath.  I saw the idea for this wreath on sassysanctuary and I fell in love.  I went to the fabric May and bought all the Halloween-ish fabrics they had available.  I bought 1/4 yard (each) of 8 different fabrics, and this wired wreath. 
 I cut the fabric into 1 inch by 6 inch strips.  It was more than enough for the four wired rows.
 And then, I just started tying the ribbon to the frame.
 Row one down.....
 Row takes time, but it certainly doesn't require a lot of talent, so....I'm in!
I found the wooden letters to spell out 'Eek' much cutter than boo.  I painted them lime green. 
After it tried, I sprayed it with spray adhesive and then sprinkled it all over with lime green glitter.  Incidentally, I also sprinkled my hand, my deck, and my hairline and clothes continued to sparkle for three days after this project despite two runs, two swims, three showers, and three sleeps.  I can't even tell you I mind, but I did leave a sheen of green glitter on the elliptical machine at lie, but...the letters were worth it.  I glued them to the wreath.  I'm a fan.