Cookies: Wreath Cookies

Tuesday, December 11, 2012
This is one of those cookies I've seen other's make as a traditional part of their holiday cookie baking, and I've always wanted to give it a go....sort of a 'festive' rice crispie type treat.  These were super easy to make, and a fun flavor variation for a cookie tray.  I've seen them made in mounds, and in circles with a hole in the middle to look like a 'true' wreath.  I went with the 'blob' theme.  You can also add a bow with icing, but really, snuggle these into a tray with a bunch of other cookies and people with appreciate the flavor and not focus on the details you (me) chose not to partake in....I'm over it, they are cute, I'll keep this recipe in my collection now. 
Wreath Cookie Recipe
Ingredients:  1/2 c. butter, 4 c. mini marshmallows, 1 t. green food coloring, 1/2 t. almond extract, 1/2 t. vanilla, 4 c. cornflake cereal, 1 pkg cinnamon red hots. 
Instructions:  Microwave butter and marshammlows on high for two minutes.  Stir.  Add mix and color quickly.  Add extract.  Last, add cornflakes. 
Drop onto a greased sheet of wax paper, and add 3 red hot (berries) to each wreath. Transfer to a lightly greased container for storage (so they don't stick). Let harden.  
Now I can check these off my to do list....and add them to the cookie list for next year.  The to do list is a vicious cycle when ideas are met with success.

No comments