Birthday Count Down Cupcake

Friday, March 01, 2013
 I recently found a little wooden cupcake at Michaels.  Full price it was 4 bucks, but I used my coupon....
 This would be an easy enough shape to cut out of your own wood if you wanted to mass produce, but I'm currently so busy I have to schedule showers...I let Michaels do the wood work and then I just sprayed it down with chalkboard spray (I really like the spray better than the brush paint-no streaks).
 To give it a little color I took a brush and painted the edges pink, and the cherry a darker pink (I then went back and glued glitter all over the cherry to give it a little more bling.
I added a ribbon and a string with chalk....and painted on the words "Days until my birthday..." (I printed it over, drew over it with pencil to make the outline for me to paint because my penmanship won't win any awards).  
This is getting added to other birthday goodies going in the mail to an almost four year old I that knows her numbers and will appreciate a little daily reminder.  

4 comments

Shane and Laine said...

So cute!!

Ella said...

I love this idea!!!

Ella said...

p.s. I pinned it! :)

Christy said...

Ha! Glad you pinned-I added the pin button to my blog and I pretty much think it's equivalent to moon landing that I've figured out pinning!