Salvation Story Bracelet

Friday, March 15, 2013
I've seen the traditional bracelets (and made quite a few in my day) for witnessing, but I saw the idea for this bracelet on ETSY and I new I needed to make some for my friends.  It's a more detailed version of what God did for us.  I love jewelry with a story, especially when it's a true story.  :O)  I used the same concept of each bead, but found my own beads at the store to string together.  I bought some jewelry string at the store, strung and tied and added these cards to go with the bracelet.  Starting with the top start and moving to the right....
A star shone in the night (star bead), and three wise men (three gold beads) saw and and followed it to where a baby boy had been born (blue bead), His name was Jesus (silver bead).  He grew to be a carpenter (wooden bead) and a fisher of men (fish charm).  He 'fished' and found 12 men who became His disciples.  For three years they walked and talked together, but there were dark days ahead (three black beads).  Jesus was sentenced to die on a cross (cross charm), and He chose to sacrifice Himself because he loves us so much (red heard bead).  BUT he rose (irridescent bead) to share God's glory with us all.  He know lives in heaven (gold bead) with the father, son (Jesus), and the holy ghost (three clear beads).  He this because he loves us so much (heart charm).  John 3:16

3 comments

Terra Heck said...

That's the first I've heard of a bracelet like that. I love the story and what each bead/charm represents.

Jaelma said...

Christy this is sooo beautiful!! Thankyou for sharing!! It is a perfect Christmas craft for my girls youth group at Church. I even have plenty of time to collect the beads and get organized. I love your blog and always find it wonderfully inspiring to read!!
wishing you all the best

Jaelma
http://www.mytshirttalk.com

Christy said...

I live hearing that Jarlma! Let me know if you need any help finding the pieces-your purpose is music to my ears! Thanks for serving!!!