A Book for the Graduate

Tuesday, May 21, 2013
I've been giving this book as a graduation gift for years, but thanks to pinterest, I added the 'have people sign the book before you pass it on' to the gift list.  This is one of my 'old' sixth grade students who is graduating high school in a few weeks...

She joined the team I went with this last summer to the Amazon...at the point of this picture, we had been sweating for a week, but....what a special memory!  Emily has been visiting me since she 'left' 6 years ago to find adventures in jr high and high school,  and I'm not sure what I'll do without my regular updates on life, school, teachers, boys, church, or crafts.  It's been so fun to watch her get into classrooms and try out her skills at teaching.  She is special to quiet a few ladies she met as she went through the doors of elementary school...so...those are the ladies I had sign the inside of this book...
 She's headed to Alabama to study education, so here's a little book to add to her 'someday' school library with a message I truly believe-she's off to great places....and I'm looking forward to long distance updates over the next four years as Alabama gets to see what this gal we have to offer....and beyond.

No comments