Shredded Salsa Chicken

Wednesday, May 22, 2013
My friend Sarah told me about this recipe.  I'm always asking people to share recipes they try and love because I've tried a lot of recipes I don't like.  Like, a lot.  This one is a keeper.  It was super simple, and once the chicken cooks itself,I threw it in some soft tacos.  It would have been great on salad or a sandwich as well.  Bonus-it's about to be the season 'too hot for ovens,' so I stock pile these recipes for summer like a squirrel with nuts in the fall.  Incidentally I also stockpile these for the other nine months of the year because the time I'm home and able to cook is limited.  And even if it wasn't-I'm still all about lazy.  If one of these three philosophies are yours as well-here's a recipe for you...
Shredded Salsa Chicken
Ingredients:  1 envelope of taco seasoning, 6 boneless skinless chicken breast, jar of salsa (enough to cover the chicken), toppings-lettuce, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, more salsa-whatever
Instructions:   Dump the chicken into a crockpot.  Cover with the seasoning and salsa and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-6.  Shred and serve. 

1 comment

Shane and Laine said...

I just had this at a friends house...so good!!!