Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing

Thursday, May 16, 2013
 My pal Sarah pinned this recipe from Team T and I had to try it out....it reminded me of one of my favorite dishes....except....way easier.  It is absolutely something I'll be doing again...and again...and the best part-crockpot+summer+I hate turning on the oven in the summer=happy!  If you want to find a little happiness in your life....I suggest doing it via this recipe.  I'm totally getting gold stars to distinguish these recipes in my box.
Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
Ingredients:  4 thawed chicken breast, 6 oz pkg stuffing mix (like Stove Top), 1/2 c. sour cream, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1/4 c. water
Instructions:
1.  Place your chicken in the bottom of your crockpot. 
 2.  Place your stuff on top of the chicken. 
 3.  Mix your sour cream, soup, and 1/4 c. water in a small bowl and then place it on top of the stuffing. 
4.  (At this point I actually stuck it in the fridge overnight, then popped it back in the pot and turned it on in the morning before I headed to church....I'm not in love with mornings...). Cook it on low for 4 hours...mine cooked about five hours and was starting to brown a little around the edges, just sayin'-don't overcook, it tasted great).  
 Dig in and fluff it up.  It was truly, truly scrumptious.  Next time I think I'm going to add some broccoli to the bottom with the chicken to give it some green...not because it needed more, but because I try really hard to sneak in veggies so I'll eat more. 

No comments