Individual Whole Peach Pie

Tuesday, June 11, 2013
 The thing about Texas is there is rarely a lack of great peaches in the summer months.  We have a peach farm not far from the house, and they never disappoint.  I've eaten and baked these little jewels up every which way, and when I ran across this super simple, yet delicious recipe at yummymummy, I had to try it out. 
Basically, cut a peach in half and pull out the pit, and then fill the innards with honey. 
 Put the two pieces back together and wrap 1/4 of a pie crust around the peach.  You can bake these in muffin tins, or ramkins.  Cut a little slit in the top. 
 Brush the top with an egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes (until pie crust is golden and flaky). 
Serve with ice cream.  You can follow this same method with apples, fill the center with brown sugar or something equally as fun, peel the skin from the apple before baking. 

1 comment

Erin said...

Oh my gosh. My Dad would freak out of I made this for him. He loves peach pie. Thanks fro this one!