Laura Bush Cookies

Monday, June 03, 2013
 I made these cookies for Election Day for my secret sister at work.  I asked around in regards to her political allignment (I know, I know-rude, right?) and then I found a recipe that went with the party.  I always thought it would be fun to have a party around Elections or July 4th that went with the presidents and/or their wives favorite recipes.....I guess I know what I'd be serving for dessert.  These really are good, regarldess of your political affiliation, Ms. Bush knows her way around a cookie!  Maybe this will be the year I put my idea to the test, I'll actually be home....yay! 
Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies 
Instructions: 
Cream together:  3 sticks of butter (room temp), 1 1/2 c. sugar, 1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
Add:  3 eggs
Add:  1 T of vanilla
Mix together and add:  3 c. flour, 1 T baking powder, 1 T. baking soda, 1 T cinnamon, 1 t. salt
Mix together and add:  3 c. old-fashioned rolled oats, 3 c. semisweet chocolate chips, 2 c. sweetened flake coconut, 2 c. chopped pecans
Heat over to 350.  Drop 2 inch balls onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake 17-20 minutes.  Makes about 3 dozen. 

No comments