Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

Wednesday, July 10, 2013
 Two things I love-chocolate and peanut butter....especially when put together in once sentence because they were put together in one recipe.  I found this recipe for super easy chocolate pb bars on girlwhoate and I knew it was right up my alley.  There were really easy to put together and super delicious.
Ingredients:  1 (18.25) pkg yellow cake mix, 1/2 c. butter (melted), 1 c. peanut butter, 2 eggs, 1 (12 oz) pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used regular milk chocolate b/c I'm a rebel) 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condenses milk, 2 T. butter, 2 t. vanilla, 1 c. coconut (optional and I skipped this more b/c I didn't want to buy it and less about taste-I'm sure it's great).
Instructions:
1.  Heat over to 325.
2.  Mix cake mix, 1/2 c. melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl.  Set aside 1 1/2 c. of the mix for the topping and press the rest into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
 3.  Over medium heat melt together chocolate chips, condensed milk, and 2 T. butter.  Remove from heat when it is melted and stir in vanilla and coconut.  Pour over the peanut butter mix.
 4.  Crumble peanut butter mix over chocolate mix.
5.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Cool completely and cut into bars.  

No comments