Books: If You Give a Pig a Pancake

Monday, April 14, 2014
 Part of my job includes presenting and/or facilitating meetings within the district, or within our school.  My teammate and I always come up with a theme.  We realize if you feed people they are a little less upset about the extra hours.  Last year we decided each meeting's food would align with a children's book.  These things are important :cough-to nobody but me-cough:.  BUT...wouldn't this be fun on a bigger scale as a teacher appreciate gift, or just for a bunch of kids that love the If you Give A....A..... series.  We decided to go with If you give a pig a pancake (it was a morning meeting) and I brought up a skillet.  We made pancakes..
 Then put out some different toppings (fruit, butter, walnuts, peanut butter, whipped cream, syrup etc).
 All the papers, of course, given out at the meeting had some icons that follow the book (downloaded online) along with the meeting notes.  I really do this more for my own sanity.  Themes make everything way more fun.  ...or at least a little less miserable.

No comments