Bunny Ear Napkin Rings

Tuesday, April 15, 2014
 A year or so ago there were some napkin rings that looked like this at Pier One...since then I've seen the same concept at stores all over (especially boutiques).  I know there are some tutorials out there, but here is my version.
Step one-I took a toilet paper tube.  I cut it into 1 1/2 inch strips and then sliced it apart so it was one long strip.
 I cut burlap two inches longer and 3 inches wide.  I glued down a seam on the burlap with the glue gun and then folded it around the tube.
I glued the two ends together.
 I cut out two bunny ears.  I put a piece of double sided fusible fabric.  You iron on one side (the rough side) peel off the back and repeat.  You could just glue two pieces of burlap together-but the fusible 'stuff' just makes it stand up a little better.
Pinch the bottom, glue, and then just glue both ears to your ring.  Ta da-bunny ears.

No comments