Chicken Tortilla Soup

Wednesday, April 02, 2014
I am a collector of recipes.  There are certain people I've found over the years...when they cook....I want their recipe before I even try it.  I work with a gal who brings this soup to a lunch each fall, and we all eagerly await.  It really is tasty and pretty simple to throw together...so....until you get a Debbie at your work, you can borrow 'my' Debbie's soup recipe.
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Ingredients:  2 chicken breast (cooked and cubed), 1 can beef brother, 1 can chicken broth, V-8 juice (10 oz), 1 1/2 c. water, 1 can rotel (with juice), 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 small onion (chopped), 1 clove of garlic (minced), 2 t. lea and perrins, 1 t. cumin, 1 t. chili powder, salt and pepper to taste, cheese and tortilla strips or tortilla chips
Instructions:  Add all ingredients (except the cheese and chips) to a crock pot.  Heat on high for 6-8 hours.  Add cheese and tortilla chips to serve.  
*Serves 6+

No comments