Pillow Case Dress

Tuesday, April 08, 2014
I've been admiring pillow case dresses for awhile at some of the craft stores out and about.  They are really easy to sew...it was just a matter of finding the right pillow case...
I found this little embroidered pillow case at an antique store for four buck and loved the little design.  It had some stains towards the top, which I was cutting off anyway, so...win-win on the price.  You can leave them longer for older girls, but....I cut mine shorter.
The bottom is already hemmed, though I added some lace I picked up at the craft store to jazz it up.  At the top I cut down about 8 inches on both sides.
I hemmed along the side of my cuts...
Then folded the top down, leaving both sides open to thread the ribbon through.
Once the ribbon is threaded along the front and the back, you just pull it and tighten it and it becomes the sleeves.
Quick and easy, and some body's handiwork gets a new life again.

3 comments

Lori said...

Just perfect. I need to make three. I still can't comment on your blog through Bloglovin' where I follow you. Hmmm??

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tegartegartegar77 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.