Oven Baked Hot Dogs

Thursday, May 08, 2014
Chili Dogs always scream summer.  More specifically, hot dogs scream baseball to me.  I saw the idea for baking the whole shabang via lofthouse last year, and I had to try it out....it just seemed so much easier than chasing those little guys around a grill with a pair of tongs.  PLUS, you miss having to figure out when to toss them on and where to fit them in if you are grilling other 'stuff.'
These are super easy, easy clean up, and tasty.
Line a pan with foil (so you can just chunk it).  Add whatever dressings you want to have on your dog to the bottom of the bun (mayo, mustard, relish, whatever).  Add dog, top with desired amount of chili, cheese, onion, whatever).  Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  Check them out at about 20 minutes to see if your buns are to your desired doneness.  I like my dogs surrounded by a crispier bun.  Serve and toss foil.

No comments