Asparagus

Thursday, June 26, 2014
I spent the first 30 years of my life avoiding vegetables.  I'm fine with a few mixed in with a casserole.  I've always been a fan of lettuce....with dressing, but a veggie by itself without a truckload of carbs.  No thanks.  And then....I went to Europe and I wanted to experience every piece of the culture, including the food-which included fresh vegetables cooked right....and I loved them.  All these years-who knew that if you skip the can and catch them fresh-they are good?!?!  I've been trying out all sorts of recipes from that point on....I've got a lot of years and vitamins to make up for!  Here's a recipe I found and liked from a friend of a friend.  Sure, it has butter, but a vitamin is still a vitamin even covered with butter.
Asparagus
Ingredients:  1 lb (washed) asparagus, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 teas garlic salt, 1/4 teas. pepper, 2 Table grated Parmesan
Instructions:  Cut off bottom of the asparagus.  Place 1 cup of water and asparagus into a skilled.  Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes.  Move back and forth at 3 minutes to prevent asparagus from cooking unevenly.  Drain the water and add everything but the Parmesan.  Cook until the butter is melted.  Remover and sprinkle with cheese.

No comments