Cornbread Jalapeno Poppers

Thursday, June 05, 2014
 The only thing that successfully grows at my house are peppers.  They really like the sun, heat, and the fact I don't water them.  It's a win.  It's all I'm growing during summers from now on...so it was time to start padding the ol' recipe books.  I found and loved this recipe from ohbiteit.  It wasn't too hot b/c the seeds are removed, and I popped 6 too many poppers, but I'm going to make them again, like, yesterday b/c I seriously loved these.  Easy, yummy, totally fine at room temp-win win for a football party...or a party of one.  Just sayin'.
If this fits your need....
Cornbread Popper Recipe
Ingredients: 12 medium to large jalapenos, 1 box of cornbread mix (plus all the ingredients the box calls for), 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided), 1 cup of corn (fresh or drained from a can)
Instructions:  
1.  Slice and seed the jalapenos, cut out the veins (wear gloves if you have them, once you remove the seeds, the peppers aren't nearly as hot-but the juice is lethal-I learn this the hard way...every time).
2.  In a bowl mix the cornbread batter according to the box instructions, add the corn and 1 cup of the cheese.
3.  Fill each jalapeno half with batter.  Don't over fill.  Sprinkle the other 1/2 cup of cheese on top of your peppers.
 4.  Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until the bread is firm and cooked all the way through.  Let them cool.

No comments