Thursday, October 09, 2014

Bat Shirt

 I saw the idea for making bat shirts using simply a black shirt and some bleach via Chaosser and I had to try it out for some of the little ones in my life.
I cut some bat shapes out of freezer paper.  You can freehand it, or search for free bat shapes-there are about a million varieties.
Take the shiny side of the paper, face that down towards the shirt, and iron of it, somehow this makes the paper stick to fabric
I put a plastic bag between the top and bottom of the shirt so the bleach wouldn't bleed through.
I also placed a section of the newspaper I had cut a big oval out of over the bats so it was a moon shape (per the instructions).
I took a bottle of bleach and squirt it over the bats.  It turned orange almost instantly, so as soon as I was done, I took it inside and rinsed out the bleach in my sink.  So easy!


msheepers said...

Blythe will be amazed one day when she learns how many of your crafts she's inspired! :)