Chocolate Crepe

Monday, January 26, 2015
 I've been crepe obsessed since I turned 30 and had these done 'the right way' a la Paris.  I saw the recipe for these chocolate crepes last year via CrunchyCreamy and I thought-uh....crepes+chocolate-I think so!  I've had chocolate on the inside of a crepe, but never AS the crepe!  It wasn't as rich as I imagined it would be, but it turned out to be the perfect mix once you add the sweet cream and strawberries.
I made the batter the night before and then pulled it out in the morning to pour into my pan.
Chocolate Crepe Recipe 
Ingredients:  
For the crepe:  1/2 c cold water, 1/2 c cold milk, 2 eggs, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 c  flour, 1/4 c  cocoa powder, 1/4 c shaved chocolate ( not chocolate chips-I just took a Hershey bar and a veggie peeler and curled some off into my cup ), 4 Tbsp butter (melted)
For the filling:  4 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 c powdered sugar, 1 tsp heavy whipping cream, 8 strawberries (washed and sliced), powdered sugar
Instructions:  
1.  Use a blender to mix water, milk, eggs, shaved chocolate, and salt.  Blend for about a minute.  
2.  Add flour and cocoa powder and blend again.  
3.  Pour in butter and blend for another 2 minutes.  
4.  Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.  
5.  Make the filling by combining the cream cheese, powder sugar, and heavy whipping cream.  
6.  Preheat non-stick skillet.  
7.  Spray with cooking spray and pour 1/4 cup batter into pan.  Let it cook for one min at medium heat.  The edges will start to pull up a bit and the middle will start to bubble slightly. This should take about a minute. 8.Flip to the second side for about 10-15 seconds. 
9.  Place filling on 1/2 with strawberries on top.  Fold over and sprinkled with powdered sugar.   
*It does take a minute to get the hang of flipping it over-the original recipe warned (and it's true)-the first one usually tumbles apart , but by crepe two I was good to go.  

No comments