I made the batter the night before and then pulled it out in the morning to pour into my pan.
Chocolate Crepe Recipe
For the crepe: 1/2 c cold water, 1/2 c cold milk, 2 eggs, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 c flour, 1/4 c cocoa powder, 1/4 c shaved chocolate ( not chocolate chips-I just took a Hershey bar and a veggie peeler and curled some off into my cup ), 4 Tbsp butter (melted)
For the filling: 4 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 c powdered sugar, 1 tsp heavy whipping cream, 8 strawberries (washed and sliced), powdered sugar
1. Use a blender to mix water, milk, eggs, shaved chocolate, and salt. Blend for about a minute.
2. Add flour and cocoa powder and blend again.
3. Pour in butter and blend for another 2 minutes.
4. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
5. Make the filling by combining the cream cheese, powder sugar, and heavy whipping cream.
6. Preheat non-stick skillet.
7. Spray with cooking spray and pour 1/4 cup batter into pan. Let it cook for one min at medium heat. The edges will start to pull up a bit and the middle will start to bubble slightly. This should take about a minute. 8.Flip to the second side for about 10-15 seconds.
9. Place filling on 1/2 with strawberries on top. Fold over and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
*It does take a minute to get the hang of flipping it over-the original recipe warned (and it's true)-the first one usually tumbles apart , but by crepe two I was good to go.