If you found yourself a victim to black Friday impulse buys, or just need to brush off the dust from the ol' waffle iron-this is a tasty recipe!
1. Heat waffle iron.
2. Mix flour, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. Mix the buttermilk, milk, and vegetable oil ad stir in the egg yolk.
4. Beat the egg white until almost to soft peaks. Sprinkle in sugar, and beat until peaks are firm. Add vanilla.
5. Pour the buttermilk mix into the dry mix and whisk until well mixed. Drop in the egg white mix and fold in until just incorporated.
6. Bake in waffle iron as instructed.