Grilled Bread...or My New Addiction

Thursday, June 25, 2015
I really thought I had tried bread every way you can serve it...including raw.  I like it.  I like it a lot.  For Memorial Day my family grilled out.  My brother attended said grill out.  My brother is a Vegan.  I'm having to get really creative when it comes to family meals+vegans.  I googled/searched/and sent carrier pigeons out for grill ideas.  I remembered some bread I had once in Hawaii.  All good stories lead to Hawaii.  I know they grilled their bread at that memorable meal, and it turns out you can actually grill bread outside of Hawaii.
I bought a really dense (egg free bread).  You can leave the eggs if you want-I'm not opposed.  Sour Dough works well.  I mixed about 1/4 c olive oil and 1 t. garlic salt (more if you like garlic, less if you don't) and I brushed each piece with my garlic oil mix.  I just did one side.  I put it on the grill (around the edge of the fire, not directly over it) and I flipped it about 2 minutes in.  Just leave it on until you start to see the grill marks (about 2-3 minutes on each side....depending on how hot your grill is).  It.  Was.  Delicious.  It was toasty goodness...and for a minute-I thought I could be a vegan.  Then I remembered I like cheese.  A lot.

No comments