Pimento Cheese Muffins

Tuesday, June 30, 2015
I love everything pimento cheese.  I can't explain it because I wanted nothing to do with it when I was younger.  So....my pallet has matured, or my mind is fading.  Whatever the cause of this adult love-this was a an easy recipe to throw together for any pot luck/gathering.  I originally found the recipe on plainchicken.
Pimento Cheese Muffins
Ingredients:1 1/2 c bisquick, 3/4 c buttermilk*, 1 1/2 T sugar, 1 c pimento cheese (use your favorite)
Instructions:
1.  Preheat oven to 425.  Spray mini muffins.
2.  Mix bisquick, sugar, buttermilk, and pimento cheese.  Add a few T of buttermilk if the dough is too thick.
3.  Scoop a heaping T into each muffin well.
4.  Bake 10-12 Minutes
*Make your own buttermilk by adding 1 T of vinegar OR lemon juice to a cup of milk.  Let is sit for about ten minutes.  Then pour the amount you need for your recipe.

No comments