Summer Salad

Monday, June 01, 2015
When the stores start selling fresh fruit, I start looking for recipes to toss them in.  I found this recipe last year via chelseamessy.  It has a combination of all I love-and I felt like I did something right for my body at the end of the meal.  It also was pretty, and equally as important as tasty is pretty....right?  So if you are looking for something tasty...and pretty, here's one of my favorite summer salads.
Summer Salad
Salad Ingredients: 4 c. baby spinach (remove stems if desired), 1/2 c. fresh blueberries, 1/2 c. strawberries (sliced), 1/2 c clementine orange slices, 2-3 T. feta cheese, 2 T slivered almonds, 1 large rotisserie chicken (take off the bone)
Dressing: Mix 1/4 c olive oil, 1 T balsamic vinegar, 1/2 t. Dijon mustard, 1/2 t. honey, 1 t. lemon juice.  Pour over salad ingredients.

No comments