Book Paper Pumpkin

Sunday, October 04, 2015
 I'm putting together a collection of pumpkins made out of every day materials. I've seen book page pumpkins for a few years, so...here's my version.
 I took a book that was going to book heaven b/c it had lost it's cover...and thus...it's reason for existing.
 I drew a template using the back cover with a little curve to the bottom edge (though I left the bottom flat so it could sit up) and a curve to the top.  I traced it on the page and cut about 10 pages at a time.  Traced again and repeated.
 I then glued a stick to the spine and then glued to the two front/back pages together.
 I took an orange ink pad I had and just rubbed it along the edge of the pumpkin pages.
 When you first open it, it will look something like this.....just start bending the pages where you want them.
I added ribbon for the 'leaves.'  And now...one more every day pumpkin added to my mix.

1 comment

Linda said...

I LOVE this! Thank you!