Dollar Store Snow Village Make Over

Monday, December 21, 2015
 I recently shared this idea on Good Morning, Texas.  When I'm on (at least once a month, sometimes more depending on what's going on in my life and on their show) I try to post the videos on facebook...b/c I don't always get around to blogging about the crafts.  Here is that video.  Here is my facebook page.  And here are a few pictures...
I found these houses at the Dollar Tree.  I sounded a little like an advertisement on GMT, BUT....I don't/and actually can't get paid by any store for mentioning them, when I do-it's genuinely b/c that is where I found it and I hate being told about a craft and then going 43 places trying to find 'which' craft store or dollar store the item is at I want to use.
 The colors weren't to my liking, so I took a dollar can of white spray (from Walmart....just...fyi-they sell a lot of colors for a buck).  I gave them a couple of coats.
I took mod podge and 'painted' the whole thing and then sprinkled it with glitter.  I'm putting these in some apothecary jars with some snow and trees.  Not bad for a buck and some change.

1 comment

Msheepers said...

That looks awesome!!