Taco Soup

Thursday, March 03, 2016
Sometimes I eat a little soup with my cornbread and cheese.  And when I do, I go with taco soup.  I found this recipe via Taste of Home and it's a keeper.  Very easy and delicious.  I actually halved the recipe b/c, even on my best day, I only have a few friends (I want) to share soup with.
Taco Soup
Ingredients:  2 lbs ground beef, 1 envelope taco seasoning, 1 1/2 c water, 1 can (16 oz) mild chili beans (undrained), 1 can (15 1/4 oz) kidney beans (drained), 1 can (15 1/4 oz) corn (drained), 1 can pinto beans (rinsed and drained), 1 can (14 1/2 oz) stewed tomatoes, 1 can (10 oz) diced tomato with green chilies, 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies (optional), 1 env. ranch salad dressing mix

Instructions:  In a large soup pot cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain.
Add taco seasoning and mix well.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook on low for 15 minutes until heated through.  You can also place all ingredients (and cooked and seasoned meat) in a crockpot and let it sit on low for a couple of hours.

Serves 6-8

No comments