Tropical Fruit Salad

Thursday, March 17, 2016
I recently did a little Hawaiian themed dinner for my Mom's retirement.  I tried out a new fruit salad recipe I got from a friend.  It was a really easy one b/c you just use canned fruits, which was a nice change in the middle of winter.  I wanted something quick and easy.  If you don't like coconut, skip that part, but the rest was really tasty.  It was a little in between a fruit salad and jello salad, but tasty all the same.  So, if you (and by *you, I mean, future me) need a quick salad with affordable ingredients, I recommend this one!
Fruit Salad
Ingredients:  8 oz whipped topping, 2 1/2 c. shredded coconut, 8 oz fruit cocktail (drained), 8 oz pineapple chunks (drained), 11 oz can mandarin oranges (drained), 10 oz maraschino cherries (drained), 3 c. mini marshmallows, 1 t. ground nutmeg, 1 t. ground cinnamon
Instructions:  Mix all ingredients.  Refrigerated 45 min (or overnight).

No comments