Spicy Smoked Sausage Pasta
Ingredients: 16 oz spiral pasta, 3 T butter, 3 cloves garlic (minced), 3 T flour, 1 c. chicken broth, 2 c. half and half, 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t. pepper, 1/4 t. cayenne pepper, 1/4 t red pepper flakes, 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, 2 c. mozzarella cheese (divided), 12 oz fully cooked sausage (choose your favorite, cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
1. Cook pasta to al dente (follow pkg instructions)
2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Add flour.
3. Stir in chicken broth and half and half, salt, cayenne and red pepper flakes. Simmer until sauce thickens (about 5 minutes).
4. Stir in Parmesan and 1 c mozerella cheese. Stir until melted. Add sausage.
5. Heat broiler. Add pasta mix into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with the remaining mozarella. Broil until cheese is beginning to brown a little on top.
I found this recipe from letsdishrecipes. It was yum. I needed carbs and meat to fuel a run...at least that's what I tell myself. It hit the spot! I just need to make more friends b/c it' makes a ton!