Basic Macaroni Salad

Monday, June 06, 2016
I am an expert on macaroni salad.  Trust me, I have years of experience.  I am always trying out new recipes in search of THE perfect mix.  I don't like it toooo creamy, or tooo sour.  I'm pretty much Goldilocks minus the bears and porridge, add some noodles.  This one, THIS one even meets my standards.  I think I'll eat a bowl and go find the perfect bed to take a nap...it's the green pepper, seriously, what?  It makes all the difference....and I'm not even much on fresh green pepper, but apparently I just haven't been eating it in the right dishes.  The original recipe is from 365ofbaking.
Macaroni Salad
Ingredients:  1 lb elbow macaroni, 1 green pepper (seeded and chopped-should be about 3/4 c.),, 3/4 c. chopped white onion, 1 3/4 c. mayonnaise, 3 T white vinegar, 1 T bottled yellow mustard, 1 1/2 t. kosher salt, 1/4 t black pepper
Instructions:  
1.  Prep macaroni according to directions.
2.  Drain and set aside to cool.
3.  Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl.
4.  Chill in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.

No comments