Mini Cheese Balls

Monday, June 27, 2016
I've been meaning to try this for awhile.  I've seen it around a time a two, but had never given it a go.  I really do like cheese balls, and I have a recipe for my very favorite.  I decided to try out the individual serving portions-which also solves my problem-I like each bite with a bit of pecan and when you get to the center that's not possible.  I really didn't need a lot more pecan than the original recipe, I just chopped it up a little finer.  I followed all the steps, but when it came down to creating the ball-I created 24 little balls instead and rolled them in the pecans.  I let them chill and then poked a pretzel stick in the top right before serving so you can lift each one up individually.  I still served these with wheat thins next to them (my favorite).
Hawaiian Cheese Ball 
Ingredients:  2 blocks of cream cheese (softened), 2 t. Lawry's seasoning salt, 1 small can of crushed pineapple (drained well), 1/2 green bell pepper (diced small), 2 c. of pecans (chopped fine).  Serve with wheat thins.
Instructions:  Mix all but the nuts.  Roll into ball shape.  Roll in nuts.  Chill for a few hours.

No comments