Raspberry Oatmeal Bar

Monday, July 11, 2016
My work has an annual cookie RECIPE exchange.  We bring two cookies and attach the recipe.  This gives me a new supply of cookies to bake, and I don't have to suffer through a few dozen bad cookies if it's not to my liking.  My principal brought the following recipe and it definitely made my top 2.  Yu-um.  So...if you are thinking Christmas (and who isn't....uhh...right?) and trying to decide on what you want to bake, OR if you just want a great new cookie/bar to try.  Here's one I've added to my sugar fix rotation.
Raspberry Oatmeal Bar
Ingredients:  1 pkg yellow cake mix, 2 1/2 c quick-cooking oats, 3/4 c butter (melted), 1 jar (12 oz) raspberry preserves, 1 T water
Instructions:  
1.  Preheat over 350
2.  Mix cake mix, oats, and butter until crumbly.  Press 3 c of crumb mix into grease 13x9 pan.
3.  Bake 10 minutes.  Cook for 5 minutes.
4.  In a separate bowl, stir preserves and water until blended.  Spread over crust.  Sprinkle with remaining crumb mix.  Bake 25-28 minutes or until lightly brown.
5.  Cool and cut into bars.

No comments