Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies

Wednesday, September 14, 2016
I've been in the meal for oatmeal cookies over the last few months.  I call it breakfast.  Once upon a time, there was a recipe on the back of the cartons you would buy of oats, but...no more...so I've been on the hunt for the best oatmeal cookies and this one is definitely a top contender.  I liked it so much I even wrote it down on a recipe card, which I rarely do anymore because you know, the Internet.    It originally came from Pioneer Woman.  I cut the recipe in half because summer is only 9 months away and there are swimsuits and such that will need to be worn, but for now....I'll make these cookies and pile on the sweaters.
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies
*makes 24 large cookies
Ingredients:  2 c. packed brown sugar (I used light, but she suggest dark), 1 c. salted butter (softened), 2 t. vanilla, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 c. flour, 1 t. salt, 1/2 t. baking soda, 3 old-fashioned oats
Instructions:  
1.  Preheat oven 350.  
2.  Beat together the brown sugar and butter until fluffy.  Add in vanilla and eggs.  
3.  Add in flour, salt, and b. soda until just combined.  
4.  Add in oatmeal until just combined.  
5.  Bake 12 minutes (longer if you want crispy cookies verses chewy).  

No comments