Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Baby Quilt

 I made this quilt for a nursery I put together this last fall.  I'll be posting all the details over the next month.  This is the quilt I made (and later ironed, whoops).  I went with a navy, mint, and gray heme, so I bought half a yard of a bunch of different fabrics/designs I liked.
 I cut the strips into 7 inch strips and sewed them together.
 I just did enough until it matched the length of the yard of soft white fabric I bought as the back.  I sewed the two pieces together.  It's OK to see the seam b/c I am going to cover it with binding.
 I cut 4 yards of three inch pieces of one of the fabrics for the binding and then I ironed it down the middle.  I matched the two rough edges to the rough edge on the front of the quilt.
 I sewed it all the way around (the fold will be facing the inside of the front at this point.
 It looks like this and then...
 Pull the folded edge to the back.
 Sew it all the way around the blanket again.
 Here's the finished front/back.  More details to come soon.

0 comments: