Bible Journaling

Monday, March 27, 2017
One of my new adventures for the year is bible journaling.  My goal is to do at least one a month.  I may do more (knowing me) but I also don't want to rush the process or forget the reason behind the goal.  Every year I set some sort of goal for my faith journey, and this year was no exception.  I have been reading up on bible journaling over the last year and decided this was right up my alley.  I love anything artsy, and to be able to play around with that passion in the bible while I really marinate over verses is right up my alley.  My main hiccup is not to get lost in the criticism (my own).  This first page was a tough one b/c I struggled with criticizing my writing, playing around with pens, and second guessing where I wanted everything to be 'placed.'  I finally just made myself stop and go with what I had. 
I used some gems on this page.  My bible is actually the ESV version that uses the word jewels instead of rubies, but I chose the word rubies b/c it's my birthstone.  I think God and I are OK with that.  I washi taped a journaling card over the verse and wrote one of my quotes and a reminder....regardless of it all....I have a Father in heaven who things I'm precious and loves anything I offer up in His honor.  I won't make all of the pages this thick, but....I think this one needed a little bling.

No comments