Peppermint Fluff Candle

Friday, November 03, 2017
Last year I saw some cute little candles inside tin cans at a craft show and I decided it looked like a good DIY project!  
 I bought wick and candle squares at a craft store, and then I saved a can from a meal, used some peppermint essential oil for a scent, and a washer.
 To prevent my can from having a sharp edge I used one of those openers that removes the lid/rim and all.
 I tied the wick to the washer and placed it down at the bottom of the can.  This wouldn't work if the can wasn't metal (fire hazard), but it works for this case and made a nice weight.
 I tied the wick to a straw and placed it across the can in the middle so it would stay (sort of) straight.  The candle wax suggested a double boiler, but I just stuck it in the microwave for about 5 minutes until it was melted.  I dropped in a few drops of essential oil and then poured it into the can.
 It goes in clear, but when it was starting to harden, just to jazz it up, I added some crushed peppermint.
I added a label and then bagged it up with some mints.  I don't think I'll go into the candle making business, but....it was a fun little gift to give a few friends and different from my norm!

No comments