Greek Pasta Salad

Wednesday, May 23, 2018
I may never emotionally recover from my trip to Greece.  So, in order to heal my Greek Homesick Heart....I make variations of Greek food.  This was tasty.  The original recipe (from lecreamedelacrumb) called for tortellini, but I had cheese raviolis I wanted to use up....and it was really delicious.  This stays on my rotation.  I'll probably cut back on the apple cider vinegar for personal taste, but it really was good and it had all my favorite veggies!
Greek Pasta Salad
Ingredients: 
1 lb cheese tortellini pasta (cook according to package's instructions)
1 c. cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1/2 red onion (sliced thin)
1 large cucumber (peeled and sliced thin)
1/2 c. canned artichoke hearts (roughly chopped)
1/2 c. olives (whole or sliced)
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
1/3 c. fresh basil leaves (chopped fine)
Dressing Ingredients:  
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil, 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar, 3 t. minced garlic, 1 t. dried oregano, 1 t. dried basil, 1/2 t. dried thyme, 2 t. sugar, 1 T Dijon mustard, 1/2 t. salt, black pepper (to taste), juice of 1/2 lemon
Instructions:  
1.  Combine the dressing in a jar, shake well.
2.  Mix all the other ingredients.  Pour dressing over the top and toss.
3.  Store in fridge (the original recipe calls for up to only 6 hours, but mine was great the next day as well).

No comments