Bacon and Egg Asparagus Salad

Monday, June 11, 2018
You guys.  This.  This was sooooo tasty.  I usually prefer my vegetables roasted, but I decided to try out this recipe from skinnytaste because....well, bacon.  Apparently if you get Whole30 approved bacon and Dijon this works in that program.  I'm not doing anything whole30, but if all the food taste like this I could be convinced!
Asparagus Salad

Ingredients:  
1 hardboiled egg (peeled and sliced)
1 2/3 c. chopped asparagus
2 slices of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
1/2 t. Dijon mustard, 1 t. extra virgin olive oil, 1 t. red wine vinegar, pinch of salt and pepper
Instructions:
1.  Bring a pot of water to a boil.  Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes (tender, yet still a little firm).  Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
2.  Mix the Dijon, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
3.  Top asparagus with bacon, eggs, and drizzle with the vinaigrette.

No comments