Bacon Jalapeno Bites

Tuesday, July 10, 2018
I have a favorite jalapeno recipe I take to a lot of pot lucks.  This week, I brought a few dishes to a bbq themed birthday party for a friend.  The hostess was already making corn bread (which my favorite recipe is stuffed with), but I wanted to bring some jalapenos, so I brought this recipe, which is also delicious....because....bacon.
It's super easy-jalapenos, 1/2 c. cream cheese (softened),  1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, and 12 pieces of bacon.
Cut the jalapenos in half.
I use gloves to remove the seeds and the white innards.  Mix the two cheeses and stuff 1/2 of the jalapeno with the cheese mix and then place the other slice back on top so the jalapeno is 'whole' again.
Wrap a slice of back around each stuff jalapeno.
Line a pan with foil.  Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees (until bacon is crisp).

No comments